Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across Central Southern England and the north of Scotland. Our priority is to provide a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities we serve.
Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the rural countryside across central southern England, including the New Forest and most of the South Downs; as well as the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. They are supported by engineering and customer service teams based in Reading, Portsmouth, Oxford, Southampton, Poole, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Melksham, Petersfield, Slough, the Isle of Wight, and West London.
As well as covering four of the UKs 15 national parks we have:
- Over 4,000 employees, working from 85 depots and offices in the heart of the community.
130,000km of overhead lines and underground cables
- 106,000 substations
- Over 100 subsea cables, powering island communities
- 3.7m customers served by our networks across central southern England (over 2.9m) and the north of Scotland (740,000)
- Handled over 550,000 calls from our customers, over 1,500 a day last year
- Given over £1m to local community projects through our Resilient Communities Fund last year
- Over 570,000 customers on our free of charge Priority Services Register so we can help them quicker and better during power outages
Our networks combined cover one third of the UK landmass, much of it in rural communities, we’re here to help and proud to support Rural England.